Faster and smarter: the latest metering and information gathering technologies for new insights and even greater cost and carbon savings
The Next Generation of Energy Recording with Smart Meters
Smart meters have been tagged as the next generation of energy recording. These electricity and gas meters signal the end of estimated meter readings which cause inaccurate billings. Smart meters can provide both the customer and the energy provider with accurate real-time information on how much gas and electricity is being used.
Power to the Customer
Inaccurate billings caused by estimated readings can create a lot of hassle. Each bill you receive could differ significantly. This can make it very difficult for you to work out how much energy you actually use in the month. Smart meters can empower the customer and help them to make informed decisions about energy usage. With smart meters you will be able to see in the real-time just how much energy you are using. This data will also be transmitted directly to the energy provider. This means no more estimated and inaccurate bills landing on your doormat.
There are a number of benefits to smart meters including:
- Easy integration of energy selling between the customer and the power company (via domestic solar panels, wind turbines etc.)
- One single meter for both electricity and gas
- Option for pre-payment on energy bills to help customers to manage their finances more effectively
- More flexibility for tariffs
- More variety of payment options including mobile, online and digital TV payments.
- Improved forecasting for accurate estimations of future energy demands.
Who Can Benefit from Smart Meters?
Both the consumer and the energy provider can benefit from smart meters. The installation of smart meters across the UK can bring stability to the energy market. Currently meter readings are frequently estimated and this can lead to inaccurate billing and difficulties forecasting energy supply for the future.
The real time information offered by smart meters can help customers to work out just how much information they are using at any time of the day. This can help you to monitor your energy consumption and make a more informed decision about energy savings and reduced wastage. For example you may not have realised that you could save your money by using energy intensive appliances such as washing machines at lower tariff periods. Smart meters can help you to find out more ways to save on your consumption and energy costs.
We are an industry-leading provider of business-focused SMART metering solutions, offering a complete solution for businesses nationwide: surveys, supply, managing and maintaining the latest inSMART metering equipment and associated communications.
- Installing up to 7,000 Advanced Smart Meters in the UK every month
- Helping public sector and private sector organisations gain new business and energy insights
- Supporting compliance with the CRC Energy Efficiency Scheme (Carbon Reduction Commitment) - so avoiding penalties
Our Smart Meters provide data automatically so you have the same level of control, management and insight on a non half hourly site as you would on a half hourly. Estimated billing issues are eliminated, and you can quickly establish whether charges for settlement are valid based on data matching your assigned profile classes.
- An opportunity to save up to 10% of your energy bills
- More frequent and accurate half hourly remote reading puts you in control
- More accurate meter reading, no more estimates, improved billing
- Far greater energy visibility – helping you to cut consumption, save money and reduce emissions
- Improved security for your premises
- Less financial burden correcting mistakes - less accrued expenditure
- Improved procurement power though more accurate data – ‘de-risking’ price
IMServ SMART metering can help you earn extra credits under the Carbon Reduction Commitment (CRC), moving you further up the league table. Those in the top half of the table have an opportunity to “earn cash” from less energy-savvy organisations lower down.
- IMServ Business SMART Power – delivering the latest in smart meters and metering technology to cover electricity consumption, costs and carbon emissions
- IMServ Business SMART Gas - delivering the latest in smart meters and metering technology to cover gas usage, costs and carbon emissions
You can talk to your utility/energy supplier at any time and request we are appointed as your Meter Operator (Mop), so ensuring you not only benefit from the latest technology but also receive a superior service and an assurance of 100% accurate consumption data being provided rapidly for all locations.